One of the main characteristics of the geography of Panama is its abundance of tropical territories, extensive rivers, falls and abrupt descents, making it an ideal environment for the descent of rivers by rafting.
On this tour we will take you to enjoy the spectacular rafting on the famous Chiriquí Viejo River, with more than 35 world-class rapids which make it the best destination to travel to in Panama.
For this trip, we will go approximately one and a half hours to Boquete near the border of Costa Rica.
The channel of the river originates in the Northwest part of the Barú Volcano, has 128 km in total and offers several sections of excellent white water, ranging from class 2 to class 5. We must consider that the flow decreases from January to April, during the dry season, that’s why DECEMBER is an excellent month.
The section selected to travel will depend on the water levels, and it is a day trip, it would be good if you have previous experience in rafting.
Regardless of the section you choose, if you are looking for a vibrant experience during your visit to Panama, this place with excellent rivers to practice rafting, especially the Chiriquí Viejo River is the best thing to do.
- Minimum 4 persons, maximum 24 persons.
- Includes: Return trip from Boquete, Equipment, guide, lunch and taxes.
- Frequency: By reservation.
- Duration: 6 hours
- Departure: Leave Boquete at 7:00am and return at 3:00pm
- Requirements: Participants should have a good level of fitness.
- Age limits: Minimum of 6 years for Class II & III.
- Minimum of 12 years for Class III & IV
- Minimum of 14 years for Class IV & V
- What to bring: Swimsuit, towels, dry clothes for after, wáter, footwear for water, passport (or copy) in waterproof wallet.